SQLearn, a Greek company located in Piraeus, is a specialized provider of e-learning services since 2006. The company has been dedicated to improving safety for maritime by using e-learning for the advancement of maritime training with flexible, interactive, and reflective learning techniques and serves more than 800 vessels and 30.000 seafarers.
Since its inception, SQLearn has been dedicated to building a modern approach to maritime training and fully committed to continuous advancement. In 2021 SQLearn achieved the global innovation of offering STCW Basic Safety refresher training courses, both theory & practical training, via e-Learning, approved by the Liberian Registry.
This pioneering achievement offers a new experience in STCW training, changes the field of maritime training! It allows seafarers to remotely complete STCW training required in order to be considered qualified individuals and join vessels, thus saving time and money and not disrupting their ongoing careers. The training can be completed exclusively online, from home, or even on board.
STCW Basic Safety courses currently offered by SQLearn for a refresher, approved by Liberia:
- Personal Survival Techniques, Reg A-VI/1 Par 22.214.171.124
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Reg A-VI/1 Par 126.96.36.199
- Elementary First Aid, Reg AVI/1 Par 188.8.131.52
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, Reg AVI/1 Par 184.108.40.206
and the e-course
- Security Awareness Training for all seafarers, Reg AVI/6 /6.1