STCW Designated Security Duties (DSD) online course according to STCW A-VI/6-2 aims to provide the knowledge required for seafarers with designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP).
to perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Code, as amended. Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the SSP.
At a glance
- Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag, click here for LISCR approval, line 475
- Who is it for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including Officers and Ratings of merchant’s vessels, Cruise ships crews, Superyacht crews
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO whitelisted approved training. Also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong/P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, Taiwan.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with STCW Code as amended
- Courses and Assessment: Online only
- Duration: 10.5 h
- Prerequisites: Passport
- Certificate Validity: For life
- Identify the current security threats and patterns.
- Recognize and detect weapons, dangerous substances and devices.
- Recognize, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security.
- Identify techniques used to circumvent security measures.
- Comprehend security-related communications.
- Comprehend the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- Understand the operation of security equipment and systems.
- Identify the testing, calibration and at-sea maintenance of security equipment and systems.
- Recognize the inspection, control, and monitoring techniques.
- Comprehend the methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and ship stores.
You may also be interested in this online course: STCW Security Awareness Training