Company Security Officer (CSO) online course. The aim of this course is to provide adequate knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Company Security Officer (CSO), as defined in paragraph 2.1.7 (and paragraph 11) of the ISPS Code, Part A, Annex of MSC/Circ.1154, and the IMO Model Course 3.20.
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of a Ship Security Plan.
- Assess security risk, threat and vulnerability.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated.
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
Legislation & References:
- Annex of MSC/Circ.1154
- IMO Model Course 3.20
Duration: 18 h
Who should attend: Personnel involved in security matters in shipping companies, Designated Person Ashore, Company Security Officers, Operation Managers, Marine and Technical Superintendents, Internal Auditors, Personnel of security companies
Approval: ABS, Liberia