STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF) refresher online course aims to provide training for candidates in fire prevention and firefighting, based on the guidelines of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1-2 and IMO Model Course 1.20.
This course covers the requirements of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1, Par. 2, Table A-VI/2 on meeting the minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and firefighting. A trainee will be competent to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and ship and to use fire appliances correctly. The trainees will also acquire knowledge of fire prevention.
At a glance
- Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag, click here for LISCR approval, line 475
- Who is it for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including Officers and Ratings of merchant vessels, Cruise ships crews, Super yacht crews
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO whitelisted approved training including Panama and Malta. Also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong/P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, Taiwan.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with the requirements of the SCTW Code as amended
- Courses and Assessment: Online, practical part supported by an attestation.
- Duration: 13h
- Eligibility: Refresh training only
- Prerequisites: Passport
- Certificate Validity: Five (5) years
Complete the course at your own time and place, save time and money with asynchronous e-learning. All you need is an internet-enabled device available (desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone and a couple of days. If you have any questions you can visit the FAQ section, you can use the chat or the contact form, our maritime training experts will answer your questions!
No transportation costs • No wasted time • Also available on board • No physical attendance
- Minimize the risk of fire.
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to an emergency situation involving fires.
- Fight and extinguish fires (Minimum standard of competence in the prevention and fire fighting thus protecting the safety of the personnel and of the ship ( A_VI\1 STCW).