STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) online course provides training for candidates so that they can provide elementary first aid on board ship, in accordance with Section A-VI/1-3 of the STCW Code.
This course covers the requirements of the 1995 STCW code Convention Chapter VI, Section AV/1, Table A-VI/1-3. On meeting the minimum standard of competence in elementary first aid, a trainee will be competent to take immediate action upon encountering an accident or medical emergency until the arrival of a person with medical first aid skills or the person in charge of medical care on board.
At a glance
- Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag, click here for LISCR approval, line 475
- Who is it for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including Officers and Ratings of merchant vessels, Cruise ships crews, Super yacht crews
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO whitelisted approved training including Panama and Malta. Also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong/P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, Taiwan.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with STCW as amended, Regulation V/2.4, Code A-VI/1-3
- Courses and Assessment: Online only, available 24/7
- Duration: 15h
- Prerequisites: Passport
- Certificate Validity: Five (5) years
Save time and money with asynchronous e-learning meaning that the course is available online 24/7 and you can complete it at your own time and place. All you need is an internet-enabled device available like a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. No transportation costs, no wasted time, the course can even be completed on board, no physical attendance required.
- Recognize the assessment of the needs of casualties and threats to a seafarer’s safety.
- Appreciate the body structure and functions.
- Understand the immediate measures to be taken in cases of emergency, including the ability to:
- position casualty
- apply resuscitation techniques
- control bleeding
- apply appropriate measures in the event of burns and scalds, including accidents caused by electric current
- rescue and transport of casualties
- improvise bandages and use materials in the emergency kit.
You may also be interested in these online courses: STCW PSSR, STCW PST, STCW FPFF