SQLearn, following the success of the previous LIVE Discussions about the “M/V Ever Given Case – Facts & Implications” and the “The Effectiveness of PSC inspections”, is organizing the 3rd Webinar, under the title “Seafarers and VR Training” along with the Nautical Institute – Hellenic Branch. The discussion will provide supportive elements from the Virtual Reality e-learning training courses.
The LIVE Discussion takes place on Tuesday, February 22nd, 16.30 to 17.30 GMT+2 with free registration for all participants.
The Event will be greeted by: Her Excellency Ambassador and General Consul of Panama in Greece, Mrs. Julie Lymberopulos
The panel synthesis shall be the following:
- George Tsouris – Masters and Mates Union PEPEN, Shipping Consultant SQlearn, Lecturer In Shipping
- Capt. Juan E. Maltez P., General Director of Seafarers Directorate of Panama Maritime Authority (Honorable Speaker)
- Capt. Konstantinos D. Geomelos, Master Mariner, Msc, AFNI Navigation Manager – SHQE Department Chandris (Hellas) Inc.
- Mr. Iasonas Lainos, Maritime Manager – HELMEPA
- Mr. Andreas Minaides, Environmental – Training Manager – Diana Shipping Services
The aim of this discussion is to present the effectiveness of VR training onboard ships on various topics, either related to safety or maintenance issues.
Basic topics to be covered:
- Upskill or reskill employees quickly and efficiently
- Increase employee knowledge retention
- Cost-effective simulation of any training scenario
- Improve employee engagement and retention
- Reduce training costs and travel requirements
- Data-driven insights to improve performance
SQLearn has developed Virtual Reality e-learning training courses, part of the ABS certified and Liberian Registry approved Dolphin Library. The Dolphin Library is designed especially for maritime companies with flexible, interactive, and reflective learning techniques.