Following the success of the 1st LIVE Discussion about the “M/V Ever Given Case – Facts & Implications”, SQLearn now conducts the “The Effectiveness of PSC inspections”. The discussion will provide supportive elements from the maritime e-course “Port State Control: Raising Awareness“.
The LIVE Discussion takes place on Tuesday, October 19th, 16.30 to 17.30 GMT+3 with free registration for participants & live streaming through SQLearn’s YouTube channel. The panel synthesis shall be the following:
- George Tsouris – Masters and Mates Union PEPEN, Shipping Consultant SQlearn, Lecturer In Shipping
- Mrs. Ioanna Vernardou DPA/CSO- SQE Dept -Blue Planet Shipping Ltd
- Capt. David Warkins, Deputy Director, CHIRP Maritime UK, Nautical Institute.
- Capt. Andreas Fountoulis HSQE Manager –DPA/CSO – TMS Bulkers Ltd
- Capt. Ioannis Besis HSQE & Vetting Manager -ELetson Corporation
- Capt. Nikos Aslanis – Maritime Consultant – SQlearn
- Mr. Evangelos Tsoumpos DPA/HSQE Manager , A.E Nomikos Inv. Ltd
The aim of this discussion is to raise awareness about the effectiveness of PSC inspections on board ships, and also present the attitude – behaviour and outcome of PSC inspections, Masters feedback, and further actions taken or need to be taken in case of a very strict or non supported – evidenced deficiencies issued.
Basic topics to be covered:
- PCC inspections & campaigns.
- Companies follow up & vessels preparedness.
- Vessels response.
- Companies follow up on reports issued.
- Appeals on detentions.
Under this framework, SQLearn has developed the “1032 – Port State Control: Raising awareness” e-learning course, part of the ABS certified Dolphin Library. The Dolphin Library is designed especially for maritime companies with flexible, interactive and reflective learning techniques.
SQLearn is a Greek company located in Piraeus and is a specialized provider of e-learning services since 2006. The company has been dedicated to improving safety for maritime by using e-learning for the advancement of maritime training with flexible, interactive and reflective learning techniques. SQLearn has served more than 800 vessels and 30.000 seafarers. The e-learning courses are designed according to the latest e-learning standards, are interactive and use multimedia elements like narration and 3D videos. SQLearn is a proud member of INTERTANKO, INTERCARGO, HEMEXPO, WIMA, International Propeller Club and The Nautical Institute.
Join the discussion – Register now: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_balDUA73Q7SkbzeV3hIlmQ