ISM Internal Auditor online course. The aim of this course is to provide learners with the fundamental understanding, knowledge, and skills, in order to effectively carry out or participate in any shipping company’s ISM internal audit process.
“Audit” is a process of systematic and independent verification, through the collection of evidence, to determine whether a Company’s SMS complies with the requirements of the ISM Code and whether SMS is implemented effectively, to achieve the Code’s objectives, including matters of safety and pollution prevention. By completing this course, you will be able to get effectively involved in the ISM internal audit process of any shipping company.
- Recognize the objectives and content of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code (Part A & B).
- Identify the auditor techniques and traits required for the process.
- Understand how to develop an internal audit program, how to plan & conduct the audit process, as well as how to report the audit results, including writing the audit, nonconformity statements, corrective actions & follow up requests.
Legislation & References:
- IMO Resolution A.741(18) as amended by MSC.104(73), MSC.179(79), MSC.195(80), MSC.273(85) and MSC.353(92)
Who should attend:
- Operational, Quality and Technical staff, responsible for managing an internal auditing schedule, and carrying out the audit.
Approval: ABS, Liberia