Introduction to SIRE 2.0 online course aims to familiarize both the crew members on the vessel and the personnel onshore with the principles, structure, and key components of SIRE 2.0. As industry risks change or evolve, so do the tools for measuring and managing them. Industry’s feedback on the SIRE Programme indicated a need for change, with a focus on human factors since the causes of incidents are mostly related to human involvement, not the process and/ or equipment (hardware).
What is SIRE 2.0 and why it was introduced?
OCIMF has developed an advanced, risk-based vessel inspection program called SIRE 2.0, which will upgrade the existing system, providing more precise data for OCIMF members and recipients, to better assess a vessel’s safety and quality, and to better anticipate her future performance. SIRE 2.0 uses a bespoke Compiled Vessel Inspection Questionnaire, featuring dynamic and enhanced risk-based questions. In SIRE 2.0, all the inspection will be carried out though a unique inspections tablet. The CVIQ requires answers to take hardware, processes and the human factor into account equally.
The main goal of the SIRE 2.0 program is to enhance the safety and environmental standards of ships involved in the transportation of oil, chemicals, and gas. It also aims to promote the adoption of industry best practices. It is crucial for vessel operators to stay informed about these changes and ensure that their vessels are ready for SIRE inspections.
SQLearn offers convenient online computer-based trainings (CBTs) that can equip both onboard and onshore trainees with the necessary knowledge to handle various tasks and issues related to SIRE inspections. Additionally, specialized training management software can assist with multiple vetting queries by implementing specific training procedures and providing the required evidence.
Introduction to SIRE 2.0 – Key Learning Objectives
Introduction to SIRE 2.0 online course aims to familiarize vessel’s crew and ashore personnel with the approach, outline, structure, and the fundamental elements of SIRE 2.0.
- Recognize what led to SIRE 2.0, and the differences between SIRE 2.0 and SIRE.
- Understand the structure of SIRE 2.0, the new question types and the trifold perspective needed to approach them.
- Comprehend the SIRE 2.0 Performance Influencing Factors (PIF) and how to respond to PIF related observations.
Who Should Attend?
- All crew (management & operational level) & ashore personnel.
Course Delivery Method
- The course leverages an interactive digital platform that offers learners flexibility to study at their own pace through engaging multimedia content such as videos, animations, quizzes alongside simulations resembling real-life situations.
You might also be interested in this blog post: Online CBTs for SIRE 2.0 inspections