Surgical Emergencies onboard ships online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding Surgical Emergencies that might arise on board vessels.
- Comprehend how to provide first aid for burn injuries depending on their severity.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of respiratory and chemical burns and how to provide initial aid to a respiratory or chemical burn victim.
- Identify the types of injury in electrocution cases and assist an electrical shock victim in preventing further damage.
- Understand what you should do in case of an eye foreign body and how to prevent it.
- Comprehend how to provide first aid to a nosebleed and an ear bleeding.
- Identify how to prevent a tooth infection or loss and what steps to follow to manage tooth loss.
Legislation & References:
- STCW requirements
- IMO requirements
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: We suggest you study twice the material dedicating about 180 minutes each time.
Who should attend: All crew