Substance use prevention online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding alcohol consumption on board.
- Understand what substance use disorders are.
- Define the criteria for substance use disorders.
- Recognize which preventive measures need to be taken in order to deal with substance use disorders.
Legislation & References:
- STCW requirements – Regulation VIII/1, Code A-VIII/1 and B-VIII/1 – Fitness for duty
- IMO requirements
- OCIMF – GUIDELINES FOR THE CONTROL OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ONBOARD SHIP (link:https://www.ocimf.org/document-libary/149-guidelines-for-the-control-of-drugs-and-alcohol-onboard-ship/file)
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: 1,5 h
Who should attend: All crew
Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag