Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP Part I, II) online course. The aim of this course is to get familiar with the SEEMP’s framework, methodology, implementation & monitoring, as well as, with best practices to achieve onboard energy efficiency.
Besides Carbon Dioxide (CO2), exhaust gas emissions from ships also contain other greenhouse gases (GHGs), affecting the ecosystems and human health. Therefore, the IMO has introduced measures to reduce CO2 and other GHG emissions, including the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) and Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP).
- Understand the overall context that led to the implementation of SEEMP.
- Familiarize with the basic structure of SEEMP.
- Comprehend the methodology behind SEEMP in order to improve the energy efficiency of ships.
- Recognize which energy efficiency measures can be contained in the SEEMP.
Legislation & References:
- MARPOL Annex VI
- IMO DCS requirements
- Guidelines for Development of a SEEMP (adopted through Resolution MEPC.282(70)).
- ISO 14001 / 50001 (EEOI, SOx, NOx, garbage, etc.)
- TMSA 3 Element 10 (Environmental & Energy Management):
– Monitoring and reporting of consumption, etc. on a per-voyage basis (10.2.1)
– Performance assessment / SFOC trends (10.2.2)
– Recording of emissions (10.3.1)
– Third-party benchmarking vs. Industry (10.4.3)
– WPCI ESI / CCWG / RIGHTSHIP (BDNs / SOx, NOx, EEOI, EEDI, etc.)
Who should attend: All crew
Duration: 2 h