Respiratory and other Emergencies Awareness onboard online course aims to raise awareness regarding Respiratory emergencies that might occur on board vessels.
Respiratory diseases affect the lungs and other parts of the respiratory system. Respiratory diseases may be caused by infection, by smoking tobacco, or by breathing in secondhand tobacco smoke, radon, asbestos, or other forms of air pollution. Respiratory diseases include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and lung cancer.
- Recognize the main symptoms of asthma, identify its risk factors and triggers and define how to deal with asthma.
- Identify the triggers, risk factors and complications of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and define how to prevent its complications.
- Recognize the main symptoms of anaphylaxis, understand the treatment and management of anaphylactic attacks.
- Understand the main causes of heat and cold related emergencies, recognize its symptoms and define the first aid treatment for each case.
- Define what is poisoning, recognize the different ways and types of poisoning and describe the treatment strategy for all types of poisoning.
- Industry Best Standards following STCW guidelines
Vessel types: All vessel types including Oil tanker, Gas tanker (LNG/LPG), Bulk carrier, Container vessel, Chemical tanker, General cargo, Generic Offshore vessel, Passenger vessel
Who should attend: All crew, especially recommended for Chief Officer & Chief Engineer