Preventive healthcare onboard ships online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding Preventive healthcare.
Preventive healthcare, or prophylaxis, consists of measures taken for disease prevention. Disease and disability are affected by environmental factors, genetic predisposition, disease agents, and lifestyle choices, and are dynamic processes that begin before individuals realize they are affected.
- Identify how you can maintain good personal hygiene.
- Identify how you should manage workplace hygiene.
- Understand how to take care of your teeth and gums.
- Identify ways to help you prevent alcohol addiction.
- Identify ways to help you stop smoking.
- Identify ways to help you prevent contracting an STD.
- Understand how to deal with substance use disorders.
Legislation & References:
- STCW requirements
- IMO requirements
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: We suggest you study twice the material dedicating about 180 minutes each time.
Who should attend: All crew