Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Abuse onboard ships online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding alcohol consumption and substance use on board.
- Identify alcohol abuse as a threat to general health and quality of life.
- Recognize the dangers and negative effects of alcohol consumption in a maritime workplace.
- Understand the need for established policies about handling and preventing cases of alcohol abuse.
- Understand what substance use disorders are.
- Define the criteria for substance use disorders.
- Recognize which preventive measures need to be taken in order to deal with substance use disorders.
- STCW requirements – Regulation VIII/1, Code A-VIII/1 and B-VIII/1 – Fitness for duty
- IMO requirements
- OCIMF – GUIDELINES FOR THE CONTROL OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ONBOARD SHIP (link:https://www.ocimf.org/document-libary/149-guidelines-for-the-control-of-drugs-and-alcohol-onboard-ship/file)
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: 3 h
Who should attend: All crew
Approval: Liberia, IMO white list flag