Incident Investigation online course. The aim of this course is to provide the participants with skills for conducting an investigation & applying widely-used investigation tools that make incident analysis effective and efficient.
The process of a thorough incident investigation is of utmost significance, as its aim is not to apportion blame but to unveil the circumstances under which an incident took place and ensure it will be prevented in the future. By completing this course, you will get familiar with the Incident investigation framework, methodology, stages and implementation.
- Distinguish the concepts of unsafe acts and conditions, as well as, near misses and incidents.
- Recognize the importance of conducting an incident investigation.
- Identify which are the three levels of incident causes.
- Identify the key stages of an incident investigation.
- Recognize the importance of selecting the proper level of investigation.
- Outline the significance of recording and reviewing the results of the process.
Legislation & References:
- Casualty Investigation Code (MSC.255(84))
- MLC (Reg. 4.3 & Stand. A 4.3) regarding the investigating and reporting of on-board occupational accidents
- MARPOL Convention, articles 8 &12
- SOLAS, Chapter I, Part C, Reg. 21
Duration: 2 h
Who should attend:
- Crew designated to conduct an incident investigation, Senior Officers (Deck & Engine)