Gastrointestinal Emergencies Awareness onboard ships online course aims to raise awareness regarding Gastrointestinal Emergencies that might occur onboard vessels.
Gastrointestinal emergencies are serious, sometimes life threatening conditions, which usually develop suddenly and require immediate medical attention.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of common gastrointestinal emergencies.
- Understand the main causes of gastrointestinal bleeding, its signs and symptoms.
- Recognize when a patient suffers from appendicitis and identify the signs and symptoms related to appendicitis.
- Recognize when a patient might be suffering from acute or chronic pancreatitis.
- Recognize possible causes of abdominal pain based on specific signs and symptoms.
- Recognize the relevant signs and symptoms of diarrhea.
- Define what vomiting is and the medical conditions associated with it.
- Industry Best Standards following STCW guidelines
Vessel types: All vessel types including Oil tanker, Gas tanker (LNG/LPG), Bulk carrier, Container vessel, Chemical tanker, General cargo, Generic Offshore vessel, Passenger vessel
Who should attend: All crew, especially recommended for Chief Officer & Chief Engineer