SQLearn’s Dolpin System is a web based e-learning system specifically designed for the shipping industry. The Dolphin is offered via the Dolphin box, a hardware solution for onboard training.
It can be used either as an e-learning dedicated mini server or as a workstation. When used as a server, users can access e-learning courses within the local network on the vessel using their own PCs or dedicated workstations. When the Dolphin box is paired with a keyboard/mouse and a screen it can be used as a dedicated workstation. Using either method the Dolphin box allows users to access e-learning courses stored in the Dolphin box while their activity is synchronized with an ashore cloud installation.
A management dashboard allows the crew manager to manage and monitor the training process across the fleet in real-time.
The Dolphin System comprises of the following modules (sub systems):
- The Training Management System that includes the training matrix rules, extensive real-time reporting, training KPIs and other features that support the training procedure,
- The ashore installation which is the main e-learning platform installation,
- The vessel installation, an e-learning platform installation per vessel that is able to communicate with the ashore installation in order to receive files (course or user data) and send back user activity reports.
Dolphin System Functionality
The Dolphin System can be used from any modern PC and helps the crew as well as the officers to access training resources and assessments. Content (e-learning courses) and user accounts are synced from the ashore installation to vessel installations and consequent actions (reports) of the users onboard are sent back ashore. The technology used in the Dolphin System allows seamless use in conditions with low internet connection speed or no internet connection at all. Ashore and vessel installations communicate securely and effectively.
Fast, secure and flexible
in order to reduce file size
to ensure only the designated system can read the transmitted files
data transmission at any time
full/limited or specific bandwidth
Training Management System
Training Management System (TMS) is a web-based system that gives companies a complete training management and reporting environment for both e-learning and classroom activities.
SQLearn’s TMS offers versatility and many functionalities regarding evaluation and reporting for both seafarers and office personnel. it is designed according to the industry’s best practices and in compliance with the TMSA 3.0 requirements. The technology used allows seamless use in conditions with low internet connection speed or no internet connection at all. Ashore and Vessel installations communicate securely and effectively.
SQLearn offers an online reporting tool in which administrators can monitor users’ activities, using a wide range of filter combinations.
- Add-on service for TMS
- Detailed reporting for all trainings and for all employees (both ashore personnel and crew)
- Filters to create specific segments
Every vessel installation, as well as the ashore installation, include the following basic modules that can be used and configured depending on your company’s needs:
- Course viewer
- Reports (fleet and per vessel)
- Discussion forum (HQ)
- Files download • Grading
- Instant messages (HQ)
- Events calendar
- News and announcements
- Quiz and Assessments
Integrated Training Matrix
- Add available courses. Courses can be e-learning courses and ashore training sessions,
- Course validity period can be added (e.g valid for 12 months upon successful completion and users that exceed this period should be enrolled again),
- Courses are marked as either Recommended or Mandatory,
- Import the company’s active list and keep it up to date as required,
- Import seafarers’ ranks and sub-ranks (e.g people with the rank of Second Engineer pending promotion to First Engineer),
- Create rules for courses assigned to each rank. Assignments of courses to seafarers will be created automatically based on their ranks,
- Rules can be created per rank or per group of users (sub-rank) e.g eligible for promotion upon completing specific set of courses,
- Real time reporting that represents current training status of seafarers onboard each vessel and on shore,
- Complete reporting and training history. Custom reports using filters including date, course, rank,
- Personal seafarer training record where each user can view: Completed and pending courses (e-learning and ashore training) • Print certificates • View complete training history per vessel.
Integration to your company’s workflow
The Dolphin System is provided with a Software as a Service (SaaS) license. Technical support and monitoring of the system is performed by SQLearn ensuring that the involvement of your company’s IT personnel is kept to a minimum. Hosting of the ashore installation is cloud based, SSAE16 SOC-2 Type II certified.
SQLearn e-learning facilities, the e-learning platform and e-learning courses, are certified by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) according to ABS Standards for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities & Training Courses.
SQLearn is also certified for providing e-learning services according to ISO 9001:2015 from TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS.