Basic trauma treatment onboard online course aims to raise awareness regarding Traumatic injuries that might arise on board vessels.
Traumatic injuries are the physical injuries due to direct effects of externally applied energy. Injuries may be the result of various forces either blunt (e.g. falls, crashes, assaults) or penetrating (e.g. stab wounds, wounds caused by sharp objects) and may also include burns.
- Understand how to approach, assess and provide first aid treatment to a trauma patient.
- Understand what bleeding is and its potential severity and how to provide first aid to control external or internal bleeding.
- Identify the symptoms and signs related to pneumothorax and recognize when emergency intervention is necessary.
- Recognize the different types of head injuries, assess the severity of a head injury and define its possible implications.
- Comprehend the mechanisms of chest injury, identify the signs and symptoms and understand how to provide first aid.
- Industry Best Standards following STCW guidelines
Vessel types: All vessel types including Oil tanker, Gas tanker (LNG/LPG), Bulk carrier, Container vessel, Chemical tanker, General cargo, Generic Offshore vessel, Passenger vessel
Who should attend: All crew, especially recommended for Chief Officer & Chief Engineer