Anchoring procedures online course. The aim of this course is to provide guidance to all crew members of a vessel regarding anchoring operations.
Anchoring is a critical operation on vessels and is as frequent as loading and unloading cargo. When a vessel approaches a port, various factors may require its anchoring – e.g. port congestion, non-availability of berth, or customs clearance. Anchoring operations require knowledge, planning, and an effective team ready to take the lead.
- Identify the steps and the requirements of a safe and systematic anchoring operation.
- Comprehend how to proceed to anchoring during emergencies and in icy waters.
Legislation & References:
- STCW Section A-II / Table A-II/2, Table A-II/3
- Accident prevention on board ship at sea and port, ILO
- Effective Mooring, OCIMF
- Anchoring systems and procedures, OCIMF
- Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers, American Nautical Services
Duration: 1 h
Who should attend: All crew