Ship Safety Officer Incident online course. The aim of this course is to properly prepare the individual to carry out successfully the role of Safety Officer onboard.
Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer (SSO) who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to ship safety and crew’s well-being.
- Understand requirements of the International Management System (ISM).
- Apply the requirements of Safety Management System on board a ship (SMS).
- Organize safe operations on board a ship and prevention of pollution.
- Apply the methods of conducting additional training on board a ship for safety and environmental protection.
- Safety investigation of Casualties & Incidents.
Legislation & References:
In accordance with the standard of competence as outlined in:
- Industry Best Practices
Duration: 1 h
Who should attend:
- Existing and Prospective Safety Officers
Approval: Liberia, ABS
Available languages: English, Russian