Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Objectives and benefits: The aim of this course is to help trainees become familiar with the philosophy, methods and means used to treat ballast water. The trainees will acquire basic knowledge of the various technologies currently applied on most commercial Ballast Water Treatment Systems; technologies that have prevailed in the market.
- Methods and means used to treat ballast water;
- Necessity of filtration and types of filters;
- Active substance and physical disinfection technologies.
Legislation & References:
- Best Practices for the operation of Ballast Water Management Systems
- Research on ballast water treatment systems and operational experiences from ships