Survival Techniques & Rescue Methods online course aims to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence for seafarers for practical training in personal survival techniques in accordance with section A-VI/1, and as set out in table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code.
- Comprehend the safety guidance for survival at sea.
- Identify the emergency situations and mustering.
- Understand the procedures during evacuation.
- Comprehend how to use personal life-saving appliances.
- Identify how the survival craft and rescue boats are launched and operated.
- Understand how to use the emergency radio equipment.
- Identify survivor’s actions when being rescued, when required to abandon the ship, when in the water and aboard a survival craft.
Legislation & References:
- The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978, as amended
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, as amended
- IAMSAR Manual – Volume III
- Guide for Cold Water Survival (MSC.1/-Circ.1185-Rev.1)
- IMO Life-Saving Appliances Code (LSA Code)
- Symbols Related to Life-saving Appliances and Arrangements, as amended (IMO Resolution A. 760(18))
- IMO Standard Marine Communication Phrases (SMCP)
- Pocket Guide to Recovery Techniques (MSC.1-Circ.1182-Rev.1)
- The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Fishing Vessel Personnel (STCW-F), 1995, as amended
- Measures to Prevent Accidents with Lifeboats (MSC.1/Circ.1206/Rev.1)
Who should attend: The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers.
Certificate: ABS & Liberia