Who should attend: Master, Chief Officer, 2nd Officer, 3rd Officer, Chief Engineer, 2nd Engineer, 3rd Engineer, 3rd Engineer, Bosun, Pumpman
Objectives and benefits: The aim of this course is to highlight the importance of work planning as an integral part of health & safety work practice and to familiarize the participants with each aspect of this process.
- Define what work planning is and the structure of the PDCA cycle, the main work planning process.
- Understand how to create a good work plan, based on specific tools, such as Daily Working Meetings and Toolbox Safety Meeting.
- Recognize the importance of work permits to onboard safety and the contribution of Risk Assessment procedures, as well as the different types of work permits, in relation to the type of work being carried out.
- Comprehend how Lockout/ Tagout (LOTO) and Stop Work Authority (SWA) procedures contribute to safety.
Legislation & References:
- Code of Safe Working Practices