6011 – Resilience Training Programme: Positive Communication
Course category: COMMON
Who should attend: Shore-based and shipboard personnel (Management and Operational)
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to familiarize the course participant with all the aspects of the IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap Regulations and provide an in-depth knowledge about the upcoming maritime changes defined by IMO, which will be strictly implemented on January 1st, 2020.
Legislation & References:
- MEPC.1/Circ.878: Guidance on the development of the Ship Implementation Plan
- MEPC.320(74): 2019 Guidelines for Consistent Implementation of the 0.50% m/m sulphur limit under MARPOL Annex V
- MEPC.321(74): 2019 Guidelines for PSC under MARPOL Annex VI
- Guidelines for Onboard Sampling for the Verification of the Sulphur Content of the Fuel Oil Used on Board Ships
- MEPC.1/Circ.881: Guidance for PSC on contingency measures for addressing non-compliant fuel oil.
- MEPC.1/Circ.883: Guidance on indication of ongoing compliance in the case of the failure of a single monitoring instrument, and recommended actions to take if the Exhaust Gas Cleaning System (EGCS) fails to meet the provisions of the 2015 EGCS Guidelines (MEPC.259(68))
- MEPC.1/Circ.884: Best Practice for Member/Coastal States to assist their duties under MARPOL Annex VI.
- MEPC.1/Circ.875: Best Practice for Fuel Oil Purchasers/Users.
- ISO PAS 23263 – Petroleum products — Fuels (class F) — Considerations for fuel suppliers and users regarding marine fuel quality in view of the implementation of maximum 0,50 % sulfur in 2020.