IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap online course. The aim of this course is to familiarize the course participant with all the aspects of the IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap Regulations and provide an in-depth knowledge about the maritime changes, that were strictly implemented on January 1st, 2020, by IMO.
Legislation & References:
- MEPC.1/Circ.878: Guidance on the development of the Ship Implementation Plan
- MEPC.320(74): 2019 Guidelines for Consistent Implementation of the 0.50% m/m sulphur limit under MARPOL Annex V
- MEPC.321(74): 2019 Guidelines for PSC under MARPOL Annex VI
- Guidelines for Onboard Sampling for the Verification of the Sulphur Content of the Fuel Oil Used on Board Ships
- MEPC.1/Circ.881: Guidance for PSC on contingency measures for addressing non-compliant fuel oil.
- MEPC.1/Circ.883: Guidance on indication of ongoing compliance in the case of the failure of a single monitoring instrument, and recommended actions to take if the Exhaust Gas Cleaning System (EGCS) fails to meet the provisions of the 2015 EGCS Guidelines (MEPC.259(68))
- MEPC.1/Circ.884: Best Practice for Member/Coastal States to assist their duties under MARPOL Annex VI.
- MEPC.1/Circ.875: Best Practice for Fuel Oil Purchasers/Users.
- ISO PAS 23263 – Petroleum products — Fuels (class F) — Considerations for fuel suppliers and users regarding marine fuel quality in view of the implementation of maximum 0,50 % sulfur in 2020.
Duration: 4,5 h
Who should attend:
- Shore-based and shipboard personnel (Mangement and Operational)
Approval: Liberia, ABS