ECDIS System & Electronic chart types online course. The aim of this course is to provide learners with the required information in order to introduce them to the normal configurations of ECDIS and the various chart types. Navigational Safety is a priority.
- Understand the basic information you should be aware of when navigating with ECDIS.
- Outline the basic characteristics and advantages of ECDIS.
- Understand the requirements for installing and operating ECDIS.
- Comprehend how to use the safety functions of ECDIS, how to update and protect ECDIS charts and how to record and back up ECDIS operations.
Legislation & References:
- SOLAS Chapter V
- STCW as amended
- IMO model course 1.27 and Resolutions
Who should attend: Deck Officers – Management and Operational Level
Certificate: ABS & Liberia