Cyber Security Awareness training for ship crew members is an online course that enhances the understanding of what the Cyber Security is and provide information regarding the respective threats, the system’s vulnerabilities, the risk assessment process, the procedural and technical measures.
Also, the course aims to alert and assist seafarers’ to tackle any cyber attack by responding effectively and achieve business continuity.
- Types of threats and threat actors
- Stages of cyber attack
- Cyber risk assessment process
- Technical and procedural measures that can be applied by a vessel in order to avoid cyber attacks
- Steps for effective response to cyber incidents
Legislation & References:
- Guidelines On Cyber Security Onboard Ships (v2) – International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- ABS Cyber Security Principles to Marine & Offshore Operations
- ISO 27001
- ISO 27002
- ISO 27005
- NIST: National Institute of Standards and Technology
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Certificate: Liberia & ABS