Train the trainer online course prepares instructors and assessors in order to successfully train and assess seafarers in a wide spectrum of topics, according to the competencies set out in the STCW Convention as amended with particular reference to STCW Regulation I/6, STCW Code A-I/6 and B-I/6 on “training and assessment”.
The course is a helpful refresher for the experienced instructor and an asset for those with less knowledge on instructional techniques.
- The purpose of training
- Process of identifying training needs
- Benefits of training
- Aspects of the learning process
- Setting training objectives
- Instructional techniques
- Assessment techniques
- Evaluation of training
Legislation & References:
- STCW Code (Regulation I/6, A-I/6, B-I/6)
- IMO model course 6.09 “Training Course for Instructors”
Who should attend: Maritime instructors and assessors who are responsible for conducting training and setting assessments