Who should attend: Deck and Engine Management and support
Objectives and Benefits:
Provides an overview of firefighting techniques, including using fire extinguishers and fighting fire with hoses and fixed installations as well as all necessary information required under a ship’s Safety Of Life At Sea (SOLAS) Training Manual. Last but not least the course includes general information about drills, training and maintenance procedures.
- Theory of Fire – Explosion
- Types of Fire and Extinction Methods
- General Fire Precautions
- Structural Fire protection
- Fire Detection Equipment
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Firefighters outfits and other PPE
- Action in event of Fire
Legislation & References:
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems (FSS Code), adopted by the MSC by resolution MSC.98(73)
- Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code) (1998 Edition)
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS):
- Chapter II-1 – Construction – Subdivision and stability, machinery and electrical installations.
- Chapter II-2 – Fire protection, fire detection and fire extinction.
- Chapter III-3 – Life-saving appliances and arrangements.
Available languages: English, Russian