Who should attend: All Ship-based staff
Objectives and Benefits: Mooring is one of the most common and complex operations onboard. By completing this course the student will be able to identify hazards associated with mooring operations and comprehend all the relevant procedures on safe mooring operations.
- Hazards in mooring operations
- Process of mooring
- Be prepared for mooring operations
- Common mistakes that lead to mooring accidents
- Training of the crew on mooring operations
Course Evaluation: Students will be evaluated through their feedback, directed questioning participation. All essential skills and knowledge will be evaluated. A Guide of Safe Mooring pre & posttest will be given to evaluate student’s knowledge.
Legislation & References:
- STCW Section A-II / Table A-II/2, Table A-II/3, Table A-II/4
Available languages: English, Russian