The new global regulatory framework poses more complex challenges to personnel, requiring higher levels of education, computer literacy, critical thinking, information analysis, and synthesizing skills. Ignorant and poorly skilled staff can’t (or at least shouldn’t) be hired– since they don’t have the appropriate skills to help their company reach its business objectives.
SQLearn’s Pre-Employment Test is an online web based questionnaire platform that helps shipping companies to evaluate the seafarers’ knowledge and identify training needs. It consists of a question pool with over a thousand (1000) multiple choice questions categorized accordingly to address STCW topics.
The Pre-Employment Test consists of several question categories and has the following features:
- Question bank containing a pool of questions, of equal weight, designed to fulfill the specified purposes,
- Provision of any future updates to the software and the question bank,
- Crew managers can create their own tests by combining questions from various categories,
- Predetermined test templates, drawn from the question bank according to the following criteria:
– Levels of responsibility (management, operational, support),
– Rank levels,
– Topic categories (health & hygiene, safety, security, environmental, quality, navigation, cargo operations, engineering, electrical, catering, cyber security, all),
– Vessel Types (Chemical, Gas, Oil, Dry).
Advantages of the Pre-Employment Test:
- Support of custom test templates,
- Addition of company specific questions to the existing question pool,
- Generation of real time reports which represent current professional status of seafarers, according to their progress and final results.
SQLearn also provides a web based e-learning system specifically designed for shipping companies, helping crews to access training content and assessments from ashore and from vessels and e-learning course libraries based on STCW and Resilience topics. SQLearn’s e-learning facilities and e-learning courses are certified according to relevant ABS standards. Also, SQLearn’s e-learning services are certified according to ISO 9001:2015.